Our greatest strength is our membership.
Membership is open to anyone interested in choral music. Choral Canada’s members include conductors, composers, arrangers, choral administrators, accompanists, music educators, choristers and more. Your membership supports Choral Canada’s many programs and services, helps keep Canada singing!
Choral Canada is…
- the national voice and forum for Canadian choral music and musicians.
- your national advocate for choral music and the Canadian choral community.
- a national resource for professional development and employment opportunities.
- your national communication link within the Canadian choral community.
- your liaison with other national and international music organizations
Choral Canada administers important national programs and services, including:
- National Youth Choir/Choeur National des Jeunes
- Podium, the national biennial conference that focuses on professional development, resource dissemination and performance opportunities (May 19-22, 2016 in Edmonton, AB)
- National Competition for Canadian Amateur Choirs ( 2015) and the Competition for Choral Writing (2016)
- Anacrusis, the national Canadian choral journal
- National Youth Choir/Choeur national des jeunes Conducting Apprenticeship program
- National Choral Awards
- Recommended Canadian Choral Repertoire Series (soon to be available for our members online!)
One-year memberships fees, in Canadian dollars:
- Individual: $100
- Educational & Library Institutions: $100
- Not-for-profit Organizations*: $100
- Professional/National Choir: $100
- Student (full time): $50
- For-Profit Corporations/Industry: $175
*Important: Membership for choirs is processed through your Provincial Choral Organization. Please contact them for more information.
Choral Canada’s annual membership renewal date is October 1. Membership begins upon receipt of payment.
To become a member, you may click to use our Online Membership Application/Renewal form.
If you would prefer to send in your membership form and payment by mail, please click Choral Canada Membership Application Renewal Form and mail it, along with a cheque made payable to Choral Canada, to the address below.
A-1422 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4G 3A7